Thursday, November 25, 2010

thankful

i am so grateful, words cannot express
how i feel this thankfulness...
i feel like i have the best secret in the world, 
i feel like my oyster has a pearl.

i want to whistle, scream, and shout,
i want you to know what thankful is about
i'm thankful for life, for breath, for rain,
i'm thankful for kisses, and love, and pain.

i'm thankful i have two sweet angels with me, 
i'm thankful for a husband who always says WE.
i'm thankful for the blessings i take for granted each day,
i'm thankful HE came to show me the way. 

i love my life and all that comes with it, 
though there are days when i feel like the windshield ;)
happy thanksgiving to everyone that i know
please take a moment to cherish the gold 
NOT the physical kind in your hand,
the gold all around you in your friends and your fam.

 


1 comment:

  1. Back at ya, sweet Sarah!!! Absolutely LOVE your poem!!! You are such an amazing young lady, and I am extremely proud that I get to call you my my daughter!!! Have a great Thanksgiving, and have a terrific time getting ready for Christmas!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete